Thursday, February 4, 2010

¡Pura vida!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to post an update of the appropriate length, and I apologize for not updating sooner. In my defense, the last two weeks have been incredibly busy...a certain phrase involving amoving object and a fan comes to mind. ;-)

Well first, I wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. We had a great trip last weekend to Limón. We had lot's of fun talking with people from the city, getting to know a new part of Costa Rica, and seeing the Caribbean coast!!! We also got to visit a reservation for one of the indigenous groups of Costa Rica, the Bri Bri, and learn about their traditions and beliefs. Another high point was Saturday night, when the LASP staff hired a calypso band to play and we had a traditional Caribbean dinner and danced the night away...lot's of fun but boy was it hot there! It actually reminds me of Houston in the summer.

This week has been dominated by the fie page paper I've had to write IN SPANISH (ugh...but I guess that's what I signed up for...lol) and next week I have an at least seven page paper due by Thursday...which sucks but the upside is that I will be done with a 3-credit hour class by then. This also means that my weekend will be dominated by the writing of that paper as well as the upcoming election of Costa Rica's next president, which will occur on Sunday!

Sorry again for the brevity, but I have to go back to work.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment